May 3, 2013

strawberry mango arugula smoothie

When things get heavy, it's good to lighten up and change the regular rhythm of daily life a bit. It's Spring, after all, or at least it's trying to be, putting forth its best effort to shed the layers of winter and show itself off. I'm all for that, because it's something like a make-over, of the earth as it were, and I love makeovers. In fact, I'm hoping to shed a few things myself, ranging anywhere from a bit of weight on my body to a bit of length from my hair, or even, whenever possible, an uninspired attitude. So be gone, shackles of winter, I say, and hello, you sweet little strawberry-mango-arugula smoothie.



Strawberry Mango Arugula Smoothie

1 cup/230 grams almond milk (homemade is preferable)
1 tablespoon nut butter, your choice (I use my cocoa sunflower seed butter)
1 serving of unflavored protein powder, your choice (optional)
1 medjool date
1 small/85 grams banana, cut into chunks
1/2 generous cup/85 grams fresh or frozen mango, cut into chunks
1/2 generous cup/85 grams fresh or frozen strawberries
2 cups/46 grams baby arugula, lightly packed


Place all ingredients, in order listed, into a high-powered blender. Blend on high until desired smooth consistency is reached. Refrigerate for five minutes to let the "green" arugula flavor mellow and blend into the other flavors. Pour yourself a tall glass and enjoy.


Makes about 2-1/2 cups

2 comments:

  1. Oh there you are. Are you sure once a month is enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If time permits, I'll see what I can do...

      Delete